Strawberry and Rose Mousse Cheesecake Pots
Prep 10 minutes, plus 2 hours chilling time
Cook 10 minutes
500g strawberries, washed and hulled
150g digestive biscuits
40g melted butter
50g icing sugar
11/2 tsp. rosewater
600ml double cream
1 large egg white
- Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin to fine crumbs and combine with the melted butter. Divide between the bases of 6 glasses and place in the fridge to set.
- Place the egg white and icing sugar into a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk for 5 minutes or until the mixture reaches medium peaks. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the strawberries (reserving 3 for decoration) into a large pan with the rose water and 3 tbsp water. Over a medium heat, cook the strawberries until they begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and mash the strawberries using a fork or masher. Sieve to remove the seeds and set aside to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until smooth and thickened. Gently fold the cream into the egg white, then add the cooled strawberry puree and continue to combine with gentle folding actions.
- Spoon into 6 separate glasses and chill for at least 2 hours, or until set. Slice the reserved strawberries in half and use to decorate the top of each pudding.